Below are some key tips on how to become a better entrepreneur. And if you have any more tips, be sure to leave them in the comment section.
1. Call yourself an expert
Companies and consumers like to deal with experts. And you are that expert, no one knows so much about your product, your service or your area of expertise. Show that on your website, your LinkedIn page, etc. But besides saying you are an expert, there are other ways to be recognized as an expert in your field:
- Provide client references on your website or on your LinkedIn profile.
- Who writes, stays! So write a book, blogs, white papers, etc. This way you will quickly be seen as an authority and you will be more findable in search engines.
- Make sure you are mentioned on the social media channels of others.
- Make sure you have a large number of followers on social media. You build this up by regularly sharing relevant content.
2. Offer a solution to a problem
You offer a company or consumer a solution to their problem. They must be willing to pay for this solution. Then you have a profitable business. You must be able to sell this. You must be able to explain well why your product, service or skill is a solution to the problem. This certainly goes for self-employed people as well, who need to be able to sell themselves.
3. Make sure you have a plan
Write out your plan in the form of a business plan. This brings briefly but powerfully your business strategy into focus. What does your financial picture look like? Where are the opportunities and threats? A good business plan summarizes all these issues clearly and concretely. Then also start executing this plan. Do not get stuck in too much thinking and conceptualizing. Entrepreneurs who do are generally more successful than entrepreneurs who get stuck in conceptual thinking.